This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people – whether you’re a supporter, volunteer, or someone who uses our services. We’ve included an outline of how, why, and when we obtain and use your personal information, and how we keep it safe and secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, and / or submitting your personal details to us, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Our Promise to You
We are responsible for protecting your personal information, and we take this responsibility very seriously.
If you have any queries or concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact Kelly Lindsay, our director, via email@example.com or on 07518 520 745.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits friendindeed.org.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by either Friend in Deed or any third party.
Security and performance
Friend in Deed uses a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Friend in Deed website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the Friend in Deed website.
People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
1. To only collect personal information (or ‘data’) from those who directly interact with us: supporters, volunteers, those who express an interest in or use our services, and those who use our website.
2. That we will never ever sell your data to third parties or share your data for their own marketing needs.
3. To collect the minimum personal information we need, limited, where relevant, to your:
• (where applicable) Little Visitor’s Name
• (where applicable) Little Visitor’s Age/date of birth
• Contact number(s)
• Email address
• Postal address
• Information for ‘market analysis’ (for example, ensuring we have sufficient volunteers in a particular geographic area)
• Records of events you’ve attended and campaigns you’ve supported
• Record of your contact with us
• (where you have opted to allow us to) Photos and / or videos of events or sessions in which you have participated
4. To only obtain and use this information, where relevant, to:
• Raise further awareness of Friend in Deed and the work we do
• Help recruit volunteers and raise funds to support our work
• Process volunteer applications and keep a record of image preferences (i.e. whether we have permission to use photos and videos of our volunteers, supporters and beneficiaries to promote our work)
• Keep a record of your support
• Keep records for legal liabilities purposes
• Send you information which may be of interest to you, such as updates and details of events and volunteering opportunities
• Help us with profiling
• Learn how to improve our products and services
5. To keep your data for personal information for only for as long as necessary after your last interaction with us.
6. That you can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time.
7. That you can request to access, change, or delete your information at any time.
8. To only share your personal information with carefully selected third-party partners, service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, these third parties can only act on our strict instructions, in line with our contracts with them, and cannot use your personal information for any reason outside of those instructions, or sell those details to any other organisations.
9. To protect your personal information by:
• Only keeping it for as long as is strictly necessary
• Only passing it to carefully selected third parties
• Anonymising your personal details when using data for market analysis
• Acting upon any requests to view, change, or delete your information, within 30 days
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
18 or Under
We are particularly concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 18 or under. If you are aged 18 or under‚ please get your parent / guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
How to contact us
Friend in Deed
1 Kingswood Court
Address to Kelly Lindsay
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
With that in mind, you are advised to revisit the policy for the most up-to-date information.